As Jesus was dying on the Cross for your Salvation, He turned to John, He turned to the Church, He turned to you and said: “Behold your mother” (John 19:27). You have a birth mother, of course, but you also you have a spiritual mother—for when Jesus was in Mary’s womb, you were in Jesus’ heart and so, when Mary gave birth to Jesus, in a real sense she also gave birth to you.
A spiritual plan of life should include a daily Rosary. If you are not familiar with the Rosary, download this pdf file for instructions.
There are also many resources available that can help you better pray the Rosary. Here are a few:
- How to pray a better Rosary by Ascension Press (Fr. Mark-Mary)
- How to pray a better Rosary: 5 Strategies that really help
- Smartphone Apps:
- iPhone: Mary App, iRosary, or RosaryPlusRD
- Android: The Holy Rosary
St. Veronica’s is faithful to the First Saturday devotion as requested by Our Lady of Fatima. A priest, deacon or seminarian gives a 15-minute meditation on one of the mysteries of the Rosary at 8:00 am every First Saturday and then the priest does Benediction. Here are a couple resources that give the history behind this important devotion:
Finally, those desiring to deepen their relationship with the Blessed Virgin Mary (and Jesus, because Mary always brings us to Jesus) should read about her and consider making a Total Consecration to Mary. Here are some great resources:
- “Hail, Holy Queen: The Mother of God in the Word of God” by Dr. Scott Hahn
- True Devotion to Mary by St. Louis De Montfort
- Preparation for Total Consecration
- True Devotion to Mary with preparation for Total Consecration
- “33 Days to Morning Glory: A Do-It-Yourself Retreat in Preparation for Marian Consecration” by Fr. Michael Gaitley